Off The Leash
AKC Community Canine Group Class
AKC Community Canine is the third and most advanced level of the Canine Good Citizen Program. In AKC Community Canine, dogs can earn the CGCA (Advanced CGC) title. Some training is proofed in public areas.
Visit akc.org for more information on AKC COmmunity Canine.
Date: Course runs 6 weeks, attendance is mandatory at 6 sessions to qualify for course completion.
Location: Off The Leash; view start dates and times on our class schedule
Cost: $225, testing fee is included in the course cost.
Instructor: Jenni Coes
Course will cover the following in preparation for the CGC certification test:
• Dog stands, sits or lies down and waits under control
• Walks on a loose leash in a natural situation (not in a ring) — does not pull
• Walks on loose leash through a crowd
• Dog walks past distraction dogs present; does not pull
• Sit — stay in small group (3 other people with dogs)
• Down or sit stay — distance
• Dog allows person who is carrying something (backpack, computer bag, etc.) to approach and pet it
• “Leave it.” Dog walks by food and follows owner instructions, Down or sit stay — distance (owner’s choice)
• Recall with distractions present (coming when called)
• Dog will sit or stand/stay while owner enters/exits a doorway
Prerequisites and Requirements
To earn the AKC Community Canine (CGCA) title, your dog must have a Canine Good Citizen test on record.
Class is open to all dogs over the age of 9 months.
This class is appropriate for people/dog friendly dogs only.
Proof of current vaccinations (rabies, distemper, kennel cough) is required to participate in class.
Dogs are required to wear a simple flat collar and standard 6 foot leash. Front fastening harnesses, such as the Easy-Walk, are permitted in class but may not be used during the test. Please, no retractable leashes, choke or pinch collars.
Please contact OTL at 508-223-1600 or submit our online application to enroll!
A 50% non refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot.